Hi :)
The main points i was making are that
1.  It has NOT been 13 years of failure due to marketing the software.
 Most of that time the marketing (in the US and England) has been
minimal or non-existant.  Under TDF that changed.  So it's only really
valid to talk about the last 3 years rather than the last 13.  In the
last 3 years there has been a lot of success.

2.  Marketing the format instead of marketing the software is unlikely
to get anywhere.

People who write a letter almost never know what format it's in and
they don't care.  At best they might say "Word format" as though there
is only one and that one doesn't change.  On this list we all know
that is very far from the truth because we see the result of that more
often than most other mailing lists.

It's interesting about expanding the "we" to include other
organisations and governments.  If each organisation did do a little
to promote the format, perhaps placing it 3rd or 4th in their list of
priorities, then it would do a LOT to get the format much more widely
recognised.  Possibly more recognised than any of the individual
organisations pushing it.  I was only thinking of the 1 organisation,
TDF.  Plus i was only thinking of the number 1 spot of what gets
promoted.  Inevitably 2 or 3 other things get mentioned along the way
even if it's just as side issues.

Regards from
Tom :)

On 30 November 2013 10:38, Charles-H. Schulz