Am 28.11.2013 22:21, schrieb A:
I want to enter text here [xxx] and have it copy that text
How can I do that?
You can e.g. create & insert a variable called "User Field":
1) Write your text
2) Place Cursor at the desired first occurence of the variable.
3) Insert > Fields > Other > Tab "Variables"
4) Select Type "User Field", Format "Text", Name "MyName" (or similar,
some reserved names like "Name" are not allowed), Value "[EDIT ME]"
5) Click "Insert" button (or arrow) but don't close the Field Dialog.
6) Move the cursor to the next occurence of the variable
7) Double click on the variable in the "Selection" pane to insert a new
Repeat #6 - 7 until you are done.
Save the document.
To change the variable's content (= its value) you can double click any
one of the instances and edit the Value field in the Field Dialog.
If you don't see any, you can play with the toggles in
View > Field Shadings or View > Field Names.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy