2013/11/19 Jean-Francois Nifenecker <jean-francois.nifenecker@laposte.net>

Hi,

Le 19/11/2013 04:29, NoOp a écrit :
It's irritating as hell. It makes LO look as if a donation is required
(even though it says otherwise) and IMO is a bit of an embarrassment
when referring LO to others. Several have commented & were sure to
mention that AOO doesn't require this nonsense.

here, if I go to http://www.libreoffice.org/ I click on the big round
Download LibreOffice Now! button, this gets me to
http://www.libreoffice.org/download where I can select the download I
want which starts (almost) immediately. No donation is required AFAICS.
There's a donation option below with the following introductory text:
"LibreOffice is Free Software and is made available free of charge. Your
donation, which is purely optional, supports our worldwide community. If
you like the software, please consider a donation."

This is all ok for me.

So, unless there's some other entry point which introduces a donation
before the download, I can see no problem. Or am I mistaken?

The issue here (well, issue might not be the word), is that on some
configuration, the automatic download don't trigger/is blocked by the
browser. In this case, someone not akin to reading a wall of text will just
see the prominent donation part of the page.

But as far as the actual content of the download page is concerned, I
believe the text if perfectly clear about the optionnal part of the
donation. But... users ;)​​