Hi :)
Actually it is probably better to just switch Java off.  Chances are that
you are not really using it anyway so you can avoid these sorts of issues
just by switching it off
Tools - Options - Advanced ?
and UNtick the box at the very top that asks if you want to use the broken
mess of Oracle coding that we lovingly call Java and that Homeland Security
have apparently warned companies to stop using.

If you really are using Java then you will just get an error message at
some point in the future at which point you just re-tick the box.  Not much
of a problem.

LibreOffice used to have quite a lot of Java in it's code but that has
almost entirely been written out or converted to Python or C++ which are a
LOT more stable and far less dependant on the whims of a single
profit-making company.

At some point Oracle will probably release a "Professional" or "Enterprise"
version of Java which will fix most of the problems that Java currently has
but it's not clear how much they would charge or what licensing they would
use.  So far they seem to have been following a good strategy for turning
something from being free into making it profitable although it'/s not
clear whether that was their intention or whether they really are
incompetent at producing secure coding.  (just my own opinion)

About 6 months - 1 year ago there was a report saying that only around 12%
of LibreOffice's code was still in java and most of that was in wizards
that almost no-one ever uses.  That 12% will probably have shrunk quite
drastically.  Java also sometimes gets used is when using Base with it's
internal back-end (which is possibly the worst way of using Base right
now).  Generally start with that but then swiftly move the data tables into
something like MySql (Oracle's again), MariaDB (doesn't work on Macs
apparently), Postgresql or one of the tiny fast back-ends fro smaller
databases.  There is work going on to switch to a more recent version of a
different database program for the internal back-end and that should be a
huge improvement.

The only other place Java gets used is a lot of the Accessibility stuff
such as screen-readers.  Sadly there is no way around that one :(  We are
hoping that a ton of coding gets pulled in from external sources to
massively improve accessibility.  There are people working on the
accessibility stuff so if you have Java for that they might be able to help
but their fixes might not be relevant for other users.
Regards from
Tom :)