I do not know if I will be using the PPA for the 4.0.6 install, but it
will be a while before I use 4.1.x.

FOR install commands I now use. . . .

     "sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*"
     . . . . then do the standard "dpkg -i *.deb" terminal install.

I found that there was a show-stopper for the font selection, for 4.1.2,
that caused the drop box to go back to the top while I was trying to
scroll down the list to change the font of a few cells in a Calc file.
I had tried it every way I knew how and it just kept going back to the
top of the list instead of continuing to scroll down.  I could not even
get past Arial on the list before the jump back to the top.  For me,
that is a show-stopper, even if I do not use Calc often.

I really hate it when there is a problem with the font scrolling, or
viewing.  I have over 600 fonts in my font folder on my desktop and
somewhere about 400 on my laptop's font folder[s].  Since I use a lot of
specialty fonts for the holidays [like letters made out of bones or
letters in Christmas trees, and such] I really tend to build up the
number of specialty fonts during the holliday seasons.

This is the second or third time a version has had this font drop box
scrolling problem or being able to display all of the fonts installed.