Hi :)
I tried
Ctrl shift v
to paste as "unformatted text" but then you would have to go through and re-apply styles to all the
headings and stuff.  So i tried "as rtf" and that made an amazing mess but did get rid of the
images.  Well it seemed to replace them all with coding and weirdness but that was mostly
reasonably easy to remove.  Even so it might have been faster&easier to just paste all the images
properly and then remove the images.

So, it might be easier to do it the other way around?  Create a copy of the document that has the
wrong images and then copy&paste the right images over the top?

I couldn't seem to select multiple images from a Writer document and have troubles with that
before.  I try to use Draw if i know in advance that images are going to be the main thing about a
document but for most documents i'm a bit stuck through lack of knowledge.  It's not really a huge
enough problem for me so i have never tried to figure it out.

Doing 1 image at a time does seem to retain the images properties, such as hyper-links, resizing,
anchor points, wrap values.  After doing several that were "Anchored to paragraph" i found most
positioned themselves in exactly the right place on the page but a couple didn't.  If the images
are anchored to page they do always choose the right position.  I'm not sure about "to" or "as"
character.

It has only just occurred to me that you might be able to do this better by "hacking" the odt as a
zip-file.  You know you can rename the file-ending from .odt to .zip and then when you open you see
folders such as "images"?  Can you copy&paste the entire image folder from one to the other?  I'm
not sure though.  Do the image files appear to have the same names in both documents?  If the names
are different then it probably wont work.
Regards from
Tom :)