Good evening
I am writing a book with Writer (3.6.6.2 / Windows). In connection with
this endeavor I already asked a few questions and there are more to come ...

Well, the original is written in Japanese, about 200 pages A5 size with
60 something pictures.
Of this I have a "normal" Writer file with the pictures in color (ca. 45
MB).
To make a "Kindle-friendly" version (following Amazon instructions), I
made another file, in which I replace the color pictures by gray-scale
pictures (ca. 14 MB).

Now I have rewritten (not translated) the whole thing in German and are
in the process of editing that material.
To edit (apply corrections / changes) I use the Writer file with the
gray-scale pictures.
After I finish, I would like to COPY the entire text, including styles
and formatting, and replace the text ONLY in the old Writer file with
the Japanese text (all the formatting is kept) and the color pictures.

I tried to "select all" and then copy, but that also replaces the color
pictures with the gray-scale pictures. If I select the "text only"
option, all formatting and the pictures are lost.

Is there a trick to achieve this feat? Or do I have to copy 200 pages
worth of text piece by piece? Or, alternatively, replace 60+ pictures
one by one including all the settings that go with it?

Thank you.

Thomas