Hi mxkuzn,

I can verify your findings. I am running LO 4.1.1.2 on Windows 7 64bit.
I tried creating a 25x40 grid of filled circles, 0.3cmx0.3cm. This
worked, and I could save. I copied this grid onto a new page, so 2000
circles, and I could save. I copied this onto another new page, so 3000
circles, and when I tried to save, LO crashed. Consistantly, saving at
or above 3000 circles crashes LO, and recovery does not get it back. I
can create more than 3000 circles, I went all the way up to 20 pages,
so 20000 circles, and apart from each successive paste getting slower
and slower, up to almost 10 seconds per paste, there was no sign of
crashes, until I tried to save. This is a relatively fresh, and
default, install, and I haven't played with any memory settings. I have
no idea if this would work for me on previous versions of LO, I've
never tried anything like it.

To give you some idea, think of the games of go or checkers.
I play Go. I was wondering what you are trying to do; I can't think of
anything Go related that would require that many items.

Regards

Paul

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:33:22 -0700 (PDT)