On 19/08/2013 at 02:04, Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> wrote:

You seem to be disappointed that LibreOffice cannot do something
which it actually achieves very well.

Please do not confuse me with Urmas.
I, personally, am not disappointed with LO; at least not in the fields we are
talking about right now. I have never had need for long paragraphs or
document-specific dictionary.
But then, just because I do not need them, does not mean that they are not
valid enhancement requests. I only acknowledge that someone might care about
them and see LO as inferior product.

Or did you mean something else?

*I* meant something else. Not sure about Urmas.

What I was talking about, is simple use case:
I write this sci-fi novel in English. One of characters is named "Valtirix".
Since "Valtirix" is not English word (after all, he's from planet "Betighyy"),
spell-checker will underline it. But this is valid word in my novel, so I do
not want that.
I can add it to custom dictionary, fine.
But again, I do not want to put "Valtirix" by mistake anywhere in letter to my
grandpa. So, in documents other than my novel, I want this word to be
underlined, because it is not correct.

What I am talking about, is custom dictionary that might be laid on top of
language dictionary and enabled on the fly.
And, as I said, I, personally, never actually needed that, so it might be that
LO is already capable of doing this. But if it is not, then this is valid
enhancement request.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski