Hi :)
Oh, i assumed it was just another troll or else just someone a bit rushed and unable to do a simple
google-search or quick visit of the LibreOffice or "The Document Foundation" websites.  It's
unusually hot in the UK right now so people are unusually irritable here at the moment.

On the downloads page it does give the 4.1.0 by default which i tend to think is a bit of a
mistake.  I think it should be the latest stable version at least until the newer branch reaches
x.x.3.  However, they do clearly state (just above the downloads 'buttons') that
"This version of LibreOffice is prepared with care and presented with
pride by the LibreOffice community. PLEASE NOTE that, since this is the
very first version in the series, make sure to read the release notes (under "Handy resources")."
The bit after the "PLEASE NOTE" is worth taking notice of.  Perhaps making it a bit clearer by
saying "in the NEW series" might have helped but however careful one is about things like that
someone will find a way of not noticing it or of misunderstanding it.

From what Sandor Marton wrote it's quite possible he got a corrupted version of LibreOffice from
some 3rd party site rather than from the official website.  Normally 3rd party sites are also
careful and good as they often have their own reputation to maintain.  Of course it might be
possible to find some dodgy blog site but hopefully people have more sense than to go out looking
for trouble.  I was a bit surprised Sandor Marton didn't give a link to where he downloaded from
but i've seen people forget that sort of detail before so it wasn't a huge surprise.  Similarly
with OS, and error messages.  He did mention that he tried to install it without any language,
which i hadn't thought of trying.

I didn't think it was possible to install just 2 or 3 of the modules.  The question has come up a
few times in the mailing list and i'm sure other places too and the answer is almost always "No".
Usually giving the reason why not.  Again it might be possible to find some dodgy site or place
that have people giving hopelessly wrong answers such as Staples, Kioskea, Yahoo Answers but a
quick look at a couple of other  answers on their sites usually indicates how reliable they are.
Sadly Staples probably looks legit, although at the end of the day it is just a warehouse-shop so
the sales staff are likely to be desperately low paid and clueless.

It might be tricky for some people to find this mailing list.  It's 3 clicks from any of the slides
on the home-page
1.  Click on whichever slides' link
2.  Click on "Get Help"
3.  Click on Nabble or "Mailing Lists" although some of the other options would have also reached
people, notably the IRC or "Ask LibreOffice"

Actually one of the links leads to the "The Document Foundation"s website and that has a "Contact
us" page which leads to the mailing list and to our Facebook fan page, the official blog, twitter,
indenti.ca, an email address to reach the Board of Directors and 4 named individuals that have
official "@documentatfoundation.org" email addresses.

So, i just ignored the original post but i keep considering passing it on because it throws up a
few concerns that it might be possible to prevent in the future = such as adding "NEW" in before
"series" on the downloads page or doing something else to make it even clearer that there is a more
stable branch/series.

Regards from
Tom :)