Hi folks

Let me embelish a little further as to why it's useful to cut/copy and paste from the spreadsheet input line. I caught myself doing this last night and I now know why I want this feature back. I also tested against this using my wife's laptop running MSO 2010.

When one right clicks on a cell and copies it, the pasting also collects the cell format (it's borders and layout) along with the text/data, and this is not the action one wants (or what I am looking for), only the text is wanted. So it involves more steps than necessary to cut/copy, then using the "paste special" or "paste only - text" in another document. Or as I said highlighting the info wanted in Calc's input line, and then using Ctrl c.

With the feature of cut/copy from the input line offered by other mentioned spreadsheet apps input line, the default action is to "right click - copy", which only copies the text, and paste. So this is a straight forward process, only two actions involved.

Hope this helps explain what I am about with this problem now, in LO Calc.

Regards

Andrew Brown