** Reply to message from Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> on Sun, 21 Jul
2013 11:21:58 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tom,

I appreciate your thoughts. I'm sure I don't understand all the integration
of the modules. I don't have an internet connection right now so can't look
at the suggested resource, but will when I can.

Using the LO help file and trying all the menu options I can find I don't see
any way to put page breaks in a draw image. I can select different parts of
the image, but I see nothing regarding page breaks and the cursor will not
stop anywhere alongside the image to allow one to select a page break even if
there was an menu item for it as there is in Writer. Could you explain in
more detail how I would go about doing this? The best I could get from the
Help was to do it as I did with selecting portions and copy/paste into Writer.

Cliff

Hi :)
You are not yet thinking in the LO way.  The modules/apps (such as Writer,
Calc, Draw) are not separate programs in the way you seem to be trying to use
them.  This is very different from MS Office.  With MSO if you open 2 of the
apps then you pretty much double the amount of space taken up in Ram and
double the resources used.

Why not just create the page-breaks in Draw?  Even if you do get the Pdf into
Writer and save as an Odt rather than an Odg it still doesn't become any more
editable than it is as an Odg.  Pdf is made to be uneditable.  That is part
of it's aim.  It's because it is uneditable that it appears the same on every
machine or printer in any OS or program that displays Pdf, or at least that's
the aim.

You might find it helpful to skim quickly through the "Getting Started Guide"
and see if some things in there catch your eye
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
Regards from
Tom :)