On 9 July 2013 17:46, Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 07/07/13 21:37, Mark LaPierre a écrit :

Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?  Do I just copy and paste
the data from the spreadsheet directly into the mySQL table?

On further reflection, it might be possible to do this by using a macro,
in which you connect to the Calc sheet, load the data array into a basic
array stored in memory, and then connect to your mysqldb and do the
updates from the stored data array. However :

- I have no idea whether this would actually work ;
- the performance might suck big time, as LO Basic does not exactly have
the greatest of memory management models.

It might possibly work better in python. If you can avoid using the UI
where possible, you will speed things up no end. Redrawing UI components
is pretty costly in terms of performance.

Alex

deleted

> On 07/09/2013 09:20 PM, Marion & Noel Lodge wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have written a Macro in Basic that imports Bank Statement details from a > .csv file into my Accounting system. It uses an SQL INSERT INTO statement
> to write to the database Table.  I run an H2 database, but because the
> Insert is done using SQL, it should translate fairly readily to your
> mysqldb.
>
> I could post the code if you think it could be adapted for your situation.
>
> Noel

Hey Noel,

I would be interested in seeing your code. Post it to the list so others may gain from it as well.

--
    _
   °v°