I confess that I don't understand this type of "improvement" in software development. It's sort of like when MS decided that users couldn’t understand the Windows menu structure that had been used for two decades and gave us the ribbon.

The LO/OO method of organizing templates has been around for...what, ten ... fifteen years now? If I'm not mistaken it goes all the way back to StarOffice. Long time users have grown accustomed to it. So, what would prompt someone to think it needs fixing? Was there a survey showing that a ton of new people would suddenly start using LO if it would only change its "goofy" way of organizing templates?

I know people are always resistant to change; it took me a couple years to abandon DOS in favor of Windows. And, over time, I may get to like the new template menu placement (if I ever reinstall LO 4 after going back to 3.6.6).

But to change a working menu structure just because we can? I just don't get it.

Virgil

-----Original Message----- From: Tim Lloyd