Hi :)
The beta-testing version of 4.1.0 is out! :)

However, apparently Ubuntu users using their PPAs are going to have problems test-driving it at
this stage.  I am not sure what happens if you install the "upstream" version
directly from the LibreOffice website rather than the Ubuntu-ised version from the Ppa.

So, if you use Ubuntu and want to sign-up for the triage competition it might be a good idea to
set-up a multi-boot to get a different OS alongside Ubuntu or else install a different OS inside a
virtual machine on Ubuntu.  A lot of distro-hoppers do this sort of thing quite a lot anyway to
explore different distros when they have the time but return to their main OS when they need to get
work done.

It sounds as though the problems with the Ubuntu-ised version will be fixed for the main release
but the competition is before that isn't it?

Regards from

Tom :)