Hi :)
It might be a graphics-driver issue.  It sounds like the problem only occurs at certain levels of
zoom on certain screen-resolutions.  I'd take the Tommy Cooper approach and just avoid those
combinations.  You know it is displaying properly on other people's machines so the only person
it's annoying is you.  Your documents are fine.

Given the poor support for most graphic card from most manufacturers i would probably avoid trying
to fix this issue because i've often found that trying to fix that sort of thing breaks the whole
system to a point where i have to reinstall the whole OS.  That is probably due my low level of
skill on the command-line.

If you really want to try to fix it by trying out other drivers than i recommend setting up a new
partition and installing the same OS onto that and experiment with that one.  Also use the openSUSE
forums and documentation to try to avoid too much pain.  Once you find the answer you will be able
to use that answer on the main system you rely on to work.  However, like i said, for something
like this i really would bother.  If it was breaking my movie watching or game playing then i might
make more of an effort to fix it.  For occasional problems in some word-processed documents i would
just work-around by zooming in or out a bit.

Intel, AMD and NVidea often seem to be competing for last place for their support of Gnu&Linux
although that has changed a bit in the last few years.  Intel seem to have won last place until
very recently.  I lost track about a year ago as everything magically started working on my system.

Apols and regards from
Tom :)