On Sun, 9 Jun 2013, Tom Davies wrote:

Hi :)
Hmmm, are you a regular distro-hopper?  Probably a good idea to install onto a new separate partition so that you can easily get back to your regular OS if things are not as smooth as they first appear!  Should be fun though :)  Good luck and happy hunting! Regards from Tom :)

I'm an _occasional_ binge distro-hopper, boot up something from a 'live' drive and have a look, sometimes install for a real look-around. but basically I've been with the same distro for about three or so yrs.

when it comes to installing for testing, I have one or two machines to play with for this sort of purpose plus even if I only had one machine, it's easy to switch in a spare hard-drive and play. (laptops are easy to open.)

and best of all is to know gparted and grub2.

F.