On 2013-05-30 10:43 AM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de> wrote:

If I change the paper size to Tabloid Print dialog does show it in
landscape mode, but the paper size is showing as Letter, NOT tabloid.

You have changed to Tabloid in Format > Page _and_ in printing dialog
Properties > ... ? You need to set both, the page size in LO and the
paper size in the printer properties directly at Canon.

I have tried this, yes, BUT...

This absolutely should not be necessary. It is not necessary to do this when changing between Letter and Legal sizes, so it makes no sense (and would be counter-productive) to have to do this just for Tabloid size...

Have you tried (as workaround) to export to PDF and print with Acrobat
Reader?

As I said, all other programs print to Tabloid to this printer correctly. Only Libreoffice fails.

You could install AOO and see, whether it has the same problems. If it
is ok in AOO, then it is a LO problem and you should write a bug report.

After debugging this with a tech with my Copier Contractor (SOS), we have determined that this is indeed a bug, and it is present in both AOO and Libreoffice. They both do the exact same thing, on 3 different copier/printers that support Tabloid paper sizes (Canon, Sharp and Ricoh).

This apparently is a generic problem, and my SOS guy seems to think it is somehow related to the fact that Libreoffice is looking for a paper size called 'Tabloid', whereas all of the other programs just use '11x17'...

I'll be opening a bug for this asap...

Thanks