I have always used torrents to download LO and .iso files as it provides
an easy "Set and forget" way to get them, It actually means if I have
particularly slow internet (which as tim pointed out is due to my NZ
living arrangement) I can download it in sections, say for a couple of
hours over a period of 3 days. The best clients on windows are ones that
are "lite" and although the most popular being uTorrent is not open
source I would still recommend it as it has a large user base and it has
a nice UI which is really self explanatory, As for Transmission? Love
it. Integrates uber nicely with whatever desktop environment I use
(largely due to it being a GTK app?) I've also discovered the
magnificent world of online p2p sites. I must advise here that they are
full of valuable resources , although be careful what you download via
Torrent as some countries such as mine have a copyright protection bill
or similar (in the usa I believe it's the DMCA act and the Millenium
act?) Anyway here in NZ several of my friends have been warned under our
"Skynet" programme to limit their movie downloading habits (This is
where I blushing also put out my wrists to be slapped) The government
here has a department and agreement set up with the ISPS to record and
moniter all activities that take place on the ports that Clients most
commonly use