Alaak schrieb:
Hi,

I know there is a command, similar to Latex \operatorname{}, to include
custom operators/functions in libreoffce math formulas.

oper

Or do you want to add a symbol to the catalog?

 Unfortunately
writer changes this command if used to "Sum", so all my custom functions
are replaced by Sum symbols everytime I load my document. This is
annoying but I can live with it for the moment.

I do not see such an error. Can you please provide the document.

However I am unable to remember how the command is called and since
writer changed all occurrences I can not look it up in my document. Can
someone please tell me the command so I can change my formulas back and
print the document?

You know the Math guide?
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

Kind regards