The method of installing the j connector should be similar to installing it on any Operating System. from the MySQL website download the zip file to your desktop: mysql-connector-java-5.1.25.zip. Double click it to unzip it producing the "mysql-connector-java-5.1.25" folder. Drag it to the Document folder. Open LibreOffice. Command + comma key combination opens a dialog. Look down the list the has LibreOffice at the top for Advanced. Click it. (This is the Java page of the dialog. Click the "Class Path" button to open the Class Path dialog. Now click the "Add Archive" button to browse to the location of "mysql-connector-java-5.1.25-bin.jar". (It is in "Document/mysql-connector-java-5.1.25/".) Highlight the file and click Open. The path to the file is now entered in the "Class Path" dialog. Click OK. Click OK in the Java page of the dialog. Now close LibreOffice. The connector has been installed in LibreOffice.

--Dan

Found j connector instead. http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ How to install it in Mac OS? Quite a few articles advice against setting the Class variable like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2509138/classpath-on-mac-and-how-does-mac-look-for-mysql-connecytor-java-bin-jar and the rest of the things I have read are just too heavy to grasp. Please guide me. On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM, rounak jain <rounak.mint@gmail.com> wrote:
According to the article here, I need to install libmysql-java to connect
BASE with MySQL using JDBC.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/doityourself-it-guy/diy-connect-libreoffice-base-to-a-mysql-database/1386

I found instructions for installing it on linux via apt-get. Any ideas for
Mac OS?