--- On Thu, 5/9/13, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de> wrote:

Hi Vieri,

Vieri schrieb:

I didn't need to use BeanShell. I edited the parcel
descriptor xml
file directly.

I finally found out why I wasn't seeing the macro (or
at least I
think so). I needed to create my class within "default
package" (I'm
using NetBeans IDE).

I'm able to launch my Java macros now.

you earlier mentioned "I followed a guide to run Java macros
in LO". Where is that guide?

I only found the very old guides
http://www.openoffice.org/framework/scripting/scriptingf1/developer-guide.html
http://www.openoffice.org/framework/scripting/scriptingf1/netbeans-devguide.html
Are they still valid from your point of experience? What
should be changed/added?

Hi Regina,

I followed those guides too but the sentence "The OpenOffice.org Scripting module has been tested
with NetBeans 3.4." got me thinking that it may not be wise to use something that's "apparently"
not updated (I have netbeans 7.3). I'm not saying it's outdated so I may give it a try tomorrow.

Anyway, I then found another guide and I believe it explains the netbeans part a little more deeply
and doesn't really require a module (the only thing I have to do manually is prepare the xml
descriptor and copy the jar files to the LO script dir):
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Scripting_in_Java_with_NetBeans_IDE
The part that I was doing wrong was related to point "10" in that guide. I wasn't placing my
classes within "default package".

Surely I read other articles here and there but with these two it should be enough.

Vieri