However, MS Access has formatting support - so why not LibO Base? If there
truly is no support for this, then this could be filed as an enhancement on
FDO (our bug tracker).
On 8 May 2013 20:31, "Tom Davies" <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
Only in Forms and Reports.  Not in the data (Tables) or in the Queries.

I haven't used Base yet and don't really know so this is just guessing
from my impression of what goes on ...
I think you are meant to use Writer or Calc to "connect to" or "link to"
the Queries in Base.  Then you use fields in much the way you would "mail
merge".  That means you can apply normal formatting to the fields or the
text and stuff around that in the rest of the Writer or Calc document.

Does this link describe how to do that?
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=18511

There was this link on the main LibreOffice website
http://www.libreoffice.org/features/base/

I hope to start reading this quick guide or handbook that is in the
process of being translated from the original that was written in German

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Base_Handbook
The chapter "Linking to Databases" is the other way around.  It's about
using external tables in MySql or PostgreSQL rather than having the tables
in the internal back-end.

I get confused around then but i think Base then 'just' has the queries
and the relationships between the tables.  Then Base feeds into Forms and
Reports created in Writer.  So Base is a bit like a bridge?
Regards from
Tom :)