Hi :)
Even a little helps and even if it's irregular.  That is how most of us work too.
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/qa-testers/
Of course some people, mostly devs, do get paid but then they are forced into more regular hours
and forced to work on things they don't always want to.  Since you are not paid you get to choose
what you want to do and how much time to put in.  :)
WooHoo :)
Regards from
Tom :)