On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Brewster Gillett <bg@fdi.us> wrote:
Running LO 3.5.7.2 under Ubuntu 12.04

How can I insert a live countdown clock display in my slides, tied to
the "Advance slide" "Automatically after" [ x seconds ] instruction?

On Fri, 2013-05-03 at 12:40 -0500, anne-ology wrote:
In Impress, you can set each slide to appear at differing times
or you can set one time for each

       Hoping this answers your question,

bg:

Though I appreciate the response, no, it doesn't even address the
question I raised, which was,

 " How can I insert a live countdown clock display in my slides, tied to
   the "Advance slide" "Automatically after" [ x seconds ] instruction?"

IOW I already know how to set the appearance duration for slides -
what I couldn't find was a way to incorporate a visible countdown
display into the slide to track the timing for the audience.....
...that feature may just not exist, though it sure does seem like
it would be a useful one to have.

Brewster
 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
.