At 22:58 01/05/2013 -0400, Charles Meyer wrote:
I see in Writer 3.6.2.2 under Paragraph you can change the spacing settings.

Line spacing is both a paragraph and a paragraph style property.

I've experimented with this without reaching my objective of changing the spacing from Single to something greater than single but less than 1.5.

Note that you are here presumably meaning proportions: by "1.5" you mean 50% more spacing than standard.

My goal is to create more space than single space between certain (but not all) lines of text throughput the document but I'm not sure how that can best (and easily) be done.

You may be certain about which lines you mean, but as yet no-one else is! How you do this might depend on exactly how these lines are defined.

I've tried highlighting just the lines of text I want changed and then right clicking to Paragraph and then choosing At least 1.25 and it changes *all* the text in all the lines in the document. Same was true using Fixed and Proportional.

First, note that line spacing of "At least" refers to a distance, not a proportion, so "1.25" here would (unlike above) not mean 25% more than standard but 1.25 in whatever is your chosen measurement unit - centimetres, inches, or whatever. If you want 25% more than standard, choose Proportional and 125% instead.

If this change affects all your text, then your entire document must be in one paragraph. Divide your document into paragraphs (using Enter) and apply this change to the relevant paragraphs. Note that if you right-click and select Edit Paragraph Style... instead of Paragraph... you will affect all paragraphs in the same style as the current paragraph - and that may well include all your text in a simple but multi-paragraph document.

I'd appreciate your insight about how to change spacing text for just certain lines of text.

Divide your document so that the text that needs extra spacing is in separate paragraphs. Either set the line spacing for these paragraphs to a larger value or - better still - create a paragraph style with extra line spacing and apply this style to the relevant paragraphs.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker