I'm running Xubuntu 12.04, LO 4.0.2.2.

The pasted cell has the right format, but when I entered a 0 (zero) in
the old cell (that was cut), it shows as 0, not $0.00, and the format
shows as "Numbers" instead of "Currency."

It happened over and over, even after I did several row cell re-formattings.

I did not try doing copy, paste and reset, but I wouldn't expect that
to be a problem.  I'm guessing that the cut (^X) removes the
formatting or resets it to the default.

Strictly speaking, I used ^X to cut the cells and <return> to paste
them (not ^V). Don't know if that makes a difference.

I can produce a series of screen captures if that will help - it
happens every time.

Maybe it's not a problem on Windows (uh-oh...).

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Michael Manning