Hi :)
Hunting through my repos late last night, well so late it wa really early, i found something
designed to convert Python into Javascript.  Is that compiling into javascript?  My original search
had been to find a "web browser" and i did eventually find one light enough for the machine i was
on at the time.  I'm using Ubuntu but my guess is that it's the sort of thing that is more likely
to be in other distros too.

My guess is that Machine Translators are not perfect even for machine languages, but they may be a
good starting point
Regards from
Tom :)