Gary,
There is a PDF converter built-in to LO. This used to be an extension, but it is now bundled into LO. However, it imports a PDF file into a LO Draw session. Each page of the PDF file becomes a Draw page, much like a viewfoil page in Impress. Draw does allow additional elements to be added to the result, but editing the existing objects in the PDF is not always available. I guess it depends on how the PDF was created with the Adobe tools. There have been long threads of postings on this group regarding how to import a PDF into a Writer document. This is problematic, especially for PDFs with many pages. If you are in Writer and are trying to import a PDF directly, that cannot be accomplished at this time. Your best shot is to import your PDF into Draw, save it as a draw file and then import that Draw file into writer. Yes, it is labor intensive, but more than nothing.

I have been somewhat successful at importing a PDF form which needs to be filled out, into Draw, and using the text tool, filling out the form, re-saving it as a PDF and returning it to the sender. I have even scanned my signature and inserted that picture object into the form at the blank signature location. I have not had any complaints from the senders.

Hope this helps.
Girvin Herr

Gary Roach wrote:
Hi

I'm using Debian testing on Linux with LibreOffice version 3.5.4.2. According to the LibreOffice web site there is a extension that converts PDF to ODF. I can't seem to find it. There is some indication that the capability is built in to versions 3.5 and above but, if it is, I have not been able to fine it. Am I missing something or is there a Debian package problem or what?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated

Gary R