Hi All,

First let me start with an invite to join us on IRC chat on freenode: http://webchat.freenode.net/ put #libreoffice-qa in channel and put whatever username you'd like to have. We're all here to help transition users from using LibreOffice to contributing to the project :)

I do this every once in awhile and it's that time again, we are in need for more testers for LibreOffice, without pre-release testing it becomes more likely that nasty bugs will sneak into releases -- which of course no one is happy with.

If you have VERY BASIC computer skills and can communicate rather effectively then QA can be a great place for you to get involved. We are looking for new members that have any operating system, the more platforms for testing, the better. Currently we are in real need of Windows testers (Windows 8 would be quite helpful). If you have just a few minutes a week (really a few minutes!) then you could be triaging 1 bug a week which would help us tremendously, of course a bit more time is even more helpful ;)

A couple useful links to help get you started:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugTriage
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/0/06/Prioritizing_Bugs_Flowchart.jpg
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Team

Of course, never hesitate to contact me directly via email, gchat or ping me in the IRC channel (jmadero).

We hope to see you in the chat and warmly welcome you into the community :)

Warmest Regards,
Joel