Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2013 Archives by date, by thread · List index

I have a project managed by an odm file that ends up being ca 1600 pages
long and contains several OLE objects, many graphics (some comprising
entire pages that started out as PDFs).  I find LO unbelievably slow
(even on such simple things as refreshing the window after remapping
it).  I've turned of recording/displaying changes,  upped the graphics
cache numbers, set the swap directory to a ram disk, and turned off all
to-disk swapping; nothing helps.   This is on a 2 CPU machine with gig's
of ram.

I'm currently trying  to print the project to a file (postscript
format).  This takes 4-6 hours, with 1 of the CPU's running at 100% [BTW
is LO multi-threaded?].  The resulting postscript file is big, (about
350M) but not that big.

I'm on a Slackware Linux box.

Any suggestions?


For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.