Hi :)
Could you try renaming your User Profile for whichever one is
misreading the pages?  This link is for LibreOffice but it is adapted
from the guide for OpenOffice that was originally written by Hagar.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
It sounds like you are having some very weird and unusual problems.

Editable formats do often appear slightly differently in different programs but usually that is
more to do with the default printer&settings on different machines.  Usually it's just a
repositioning of images, often piling them up on top of each other.

On a single machine there shouldn't be so much difference and certainly not as extreme as changing
landscape to portrait or vice-versa.  Can you create a landscape document in OOo and see if that is
opened correctly in OOo?

Something i noticed is that it sometimes helps to start a fresh document.  For example 'my'
company's newsletter started in Word but kept crashing.  Opening in LO worked better but still had
problems.  It got even better when i started using Odt format and at last started letting me move
photos and stuff around more freely.  Then starting again as a fresh Odt document and copy&pasting
in various elements finally got rid of all sorts of petty niggles.  Then in subsequent branches of
LO some other petty niggles have crept back in which suggests i need to start again from scratch.

We have found that it takes a LOT less time to produce the newsletter in LO and it's more stable.
Outsiders have started commenting on how much more professional it looks since using LO.

The problem might be with the Odt format but you get the same and worse using MS formats such as
Rtf, DocX and so on.  The ones that seem to cause the least problems are the older Doc format or
the Odt.

Although it does sound as though you are getting some very unusual problems though!  So hopefully
just renaming your User Profile might well fix the problem
Regards from
Tom :)