Hello, LibreOffice Developers and Supporters!

I need to handle some fractions in Maths in LibreOffice Writer. The fractions look like 1/2 or
10/40. I would like to make them look like:
 1
 -
 2
(no superscript and no subscript)

There are some possible ways to do this. A _proper_ way is:
Insert -> Object -> Formula -> {<?>} over {<?>}

My imagination is like:
Autocorrect the text as object. When typing 5/6 (space), I get
 5
 -
 6
which is an object.
(Ctrl + Z would return 5/6 (space))

My second imagination is like: Using Find & Replace to replace 7/8 as
 7
 -
 8
I could get the object option in the Find & Replace dialog.
Find: */*
Replace: (format as object)
 *
 -
 *
This could convert all the "horizontal" styles into the "vertical" styles.

My third imagination is like:
In LibreOffice Calc and in a formula in LibreOffice Writer,
I could have =7/8+1/8.
I could also have
 7 1
=- +-
 8 8
(These are objects.)
where LibreOffice could perform the calculation and give me the result in fraction.

This post below really led me to think that typing fractions could be a part of the fundamental
work a word processor should be able to do easily:

Formatting Text as a Fraction (on 20 May, 2009)
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18901

Is it possible to add the features? Am I simply too ambitious? Perhaps, the features are ready but
I am missing something, aren't I?

Best regards,
C. H. D.
LibreOffice User