Hi :)
Then perhaps use html for the formatting?

Is the aim to create files that won't be able to be read in the future?  If so then keeping on with
Rtf does make sense but if you do want them to be able to be read in the future then you need to
change to a different format.

MS have taken the first steps to phasing it out.  They have stopped developing the format and
blocked anyone else from developing it.  So, all known existing problems will remain and weakness
found in the future will also remain.  The next sensible step is to make it readable but not
writeable and then eventually phase out even the ability to read it.
Regards from
Tom :)