Thanks Alex and Girvin - Very much appreciated!!

Girvin - Thanks for all your kind comments and suggestions!! I WILL do something like this once I have everything sorted out. I like your idea of a spare drive and I do have a couple of "Drive Bays" here although I also have two external USB Hard Drives so I think either would do.

I particularly like that you sent me your script for back-up. Thanks a lot for that!! I had already given 'MySQL Dump" a quick look and marked it for further investigation once I'm finished. I do however have a couple of problems with "Back-up Programs", and this comes from years of trying to use them!! Mostly they seem to have a very bad trate of failing on Restore!! I also don't like the way they "compress" the data so that you can not use it directly. One of the reasons I like a 'Mirror Drive" way of doing things. Always usable and no compression - de-compression to go wrong!!

Alex - I note and see your comments on the way different versions of software may or may not work and the way different distros work. With PCLOS you can select if you want to format the Drive or Partition where the new OpSys is going. I have always felt it was better to do this to get a proper "clean install". So naturally if there is any data there that will be lost. I STILL think it is wrong to put data there and that's what caught me out as I NEVER expected it to be there. Adding separate Folders I feel would complicate the Path structure and still does not get round a system format. I think Girvin is on the right track here!!

OK Guys - thanks once again... As you say "You learn as you go along"!!

Right now however I have hit another brick wall!!!

Last time when I did this I had no problem importing CSV data but this time I can not get it to work!!!??

I had the old CSV file I used before and open this with Calc. I then spent yesterday "cleaning it up" and then decided to import it. I can't remember which way I did it last time so did a quick Google...

As per the WebSite I opened my already prepared DB Table and tried the instruction to "Drag the Calc Sheet from Calc to the open DB Table". All I get is a red circle with a line through it which I interpolate as meaning "Not Allowed".

So I went the other way and from both Calc and directly from the CSV file I Selected All, Copied this and then went to the Base Table and selected Edit>Paste. Absolutely nothing happens - not even an error message!!!!

What am I doing wrong or what have I missed?? I've checked all the Column Names match the DB Field Names exactly and the order of them both is the same.

I'm afraid I' stumped again.

Thanks Guys.

IanW
Pretoria RSA