Hi :)
Ahah, yes, macros are not usually able to work on both MS Office and LibreOffice.  They have to be
written (or recorded) on one or other and then seldom work on the other.

With MS macros you may well find they don't even work in other versions of MS Office.  So if your
macros were written/recorded in MS Office 2007 then they may well not work in MS Office 2010 until
they get converted and then you can't go back to 2007 with them.  LibreOffice macros just work
regardless of which version.

It's worth noting that LibreOffice is free and can also be run as a "portable app" installed on a
usb-stick or on a Cloud storage place and then run without really properly installing it on
whichever machine you need to run it on.  When you disconnect from the Cloud or unplug the
usb-stick then that machine no longer has LibreOffice on it.  There are a number of other apps
(such as Firefox, Thunderbird and others) that can all be on the same usb-stick and used on any
machine the usb-stick is plugged into (assuming it runs Windows)
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/portable/

Another thing that people often don't consider is that it is perfectly fine to have LibreOffice
installed on the same machine as MS Office, or to install MS Office onto a machine that already has
LibreOffice.  You don't HAVE to get rid of one in order to run the other.  In fact this is often
the suggested route for gradually migrating.  Have both.  [shrugs]  Then you can open all documents
from anyone in any format rather than just hoping you are not going to find one of the 0.25% of
documents in MS format that doesn't work in LibreOffice.

Another thing that is often down-played by MS is that most of their licenses for their office suite
allows you to install it on 2-3 machines.  Many people have more than 1 machine at home if you
count laptops and the rest and MS finally caved in about archaic restrictions.  So the main trouble
is trying to get install media to get it onto the laptop but once you do that the same product key
should work.  I'm sure i shouldn't be saying that but i do hope you continue with LibreOffice.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)