Hi :)
I vaguely remember java 7 still being a problem.  Each time Oracle release one in that branch it
gets compromised very quickly.  I'm not sure if it might be a good idea to get one from their
previous branch.  Just out of curiousity did you have several versions listed?  Probably best to
just keep it switched off.

Ram = 4Gb should be more than enough even on Windows.  I think you could happily double some of
those values in
Tools - Options - Memory

Since you are converting from web-pages does that include images?  It tends to be better to save
the images locally before placing them in a document.  That also gives you a chance to see if they
are very heavy or could use some cleaning up (Gimp is quite good for that).

Just renaming the User Profile forces LibreOffice to automatically create a new one.  You don't
need to re-build anything.  If it doesn't work just copy your old profile back over the top of the
new one.  If it does work you can copy&paste chunks at a time back until LO goes wrong again = or
you could just carry on using the new one.

I've not used Master Documents much and haven't even tried usign section breaks and stuff.  I have
a feeling that might be why you can't just use back-space to pull things back into shape.  However
i am also wondering if you have somehow done some sort of dynamic link to the web-page.

Generally nowadays i tend to use
Ctrl Shift v
to paste things in unformatted and then use styles to apply formatting quite quickly.  It saves
tons of time that used to get wasted trying to fix wonky formatting from different sources.
Hopefully you might be able to use that to copy&paste from your edited sections to bring the whole
thing together into a single document.

Regards from
Tom :)