Between uninstalling and reinstalling, you should clean windows registry (I
suppose you are a windows user).
Most of the settings that can affect LO behaviour are stored there.
Type "regedit" on a command line.

The only (big) problem is that modify registry settings is veeery dangerous.
Unfortunately, there is NO undo option in regedit and any mistake can be
fatal.
Making a complete registry backup before can help a lot.

My advice is to let it done by an expert person

Federico Quadri