Hi Ian,
First things first. I'm assuming that if you were to manually insert the
"Member ID" in the appropriate text box on the subform, then the emails
you're searching for will appear. That is the impression I received from
reading your last post on this topic. Is this the case? If so, the list box
should be able to solve the problem. If your form doesn't behave that way,
I don't understand your problem.

As for concatenating First and Last Names, I have been working with the
embedded HSQL in LO and my MYSQL is a bit rusty. However I think using the
UPDATE key word is incorrect as you've applied it. You are , I think,
trying to add a new Column, ie. "FullName" to your member table, and
populate it with the full names of your members. . UPDATE  is used to
change  values. The keywords to add columns to a table is ALTER TABLE
tablename ADD [COLUMN] columname datatype. Check my syntax it's rusty! Then
you'll have to insert the full names into the new column in the altered
table. Why not create a view instead, using the CONCAT function.

Concatenating last name and first name in MYSQL and creating a view with
the concat function:
CREATE VIEW viewname
SELECT
Member ID,
CONCAT (LastName, '  ',FirstName) AS FullName
FROM TableName;

to check if this works execute this select statement:
SELECT*
FROM viewname

Your list box should work from this view if properly set up.
Hank.