I am not aware of any word processing program
that directly exports to a bitmap file.

I am aware of several, but let Writer leapfrog the herd anyway.
Every app in the LibreOffice suite should do it, AFAIAC.

MS Word does it. "If you're using Office 2003 you can print to
the Microsoft Document Imaging format (which is basically a TIFF file)..."
http://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/TechOff/114386-Export-Word-to-gifjpg/77db1ee48586425693d69dea012b3324

A top-end math editor does it.
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/Rasterize.html

The general need is all over the web. I just watched
two YouTube vids on the tedious way I have used.
https://startpage.com/do/search?q=export+Word+to+bitmap

The step to bitmap is trivial compared to all other exports.
Rendering is done already for print and screen. Emit
instead of inkjet dots, or screen dots, bitmap file dots.

Print to postscript may already work via third-party printer drivers.
Then ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick can convert to PNG.
That plan is my fallback. I only thought I'd ask before going that route.

Tip, encourage positive feedback thusly: "Hey great idea there!"
Stuff that nobody else does is called innovation.

Thank you!