Can Writer 3.6.4.3 export a doc to png or jpeg bitmap?
It can export PDF and HTML, I know, but we need bitmaps.

Print to file makes a PDF for me (Linux). Maybe print-to-file can be jiggered?

The only way I know is tedious labor requiring an external app! It
should not be so hard:

1. Set Writer's Format/Page/Height as long as possible
   to erase page breaks.

2. Turn views off for nonprinting chars, table guides, etc.

3. Screen capture one part at a time being careful
   not to resize the window, just scroll it.

4. Stitch all shots together into one composite graphic
   in GIMP using careful H-alignment.

5. Save file from GIMP.

Thanks for any better ideas.

                          or over the web