I just installed yesterday Version 3.6.4.3 (Build ID: 2ef5aff) English US Multilanguage on XP/SP3
English with Asian language support package..

During customized installation I selected English, Japanese, German and Dutch for GUI and installed
the language packs for the same languages.

I have not problem and when I open

Tools -> Options -> Language setting -> user interface

I see ALL the languages the way I installed them and made a test. All languages work for the GUI.

The OS should not be the problem. Could it be that only Japanese was selected during installations?
I would try to re-install and/or make a new user profile.