Hi :)
It sounds weird.  Weird issues can often be solved by renaming your User Profile so that is the
first thing to try.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
It does what you were trying to achieve through reinstall.  Reinstall is the old way used by old
programs but now that most programs have more frequent upgrades and reinstalls they have generally
moved to or are moving to this approach of keeping your configurations, settings, galleries,
templates, Extensions and all the rest even when you reinstall the program.  With older programs
you would typically spend ages trying to remember and then reconfigure a program after
reinstalling.  With the newer style you just do the reinstall and magically find it behaving the
way you set-up the previous version.

On the other hand this specific type of thing (involving dll files and report numbers) is one type
of thing i would have tried the reinstall route 2nd.
Regards from
Tom :)