Hi :)
I think there is some confusion here.

Compile means something specific in OpenSource and is not the same as "get together" or "acquire".
Compile means taking the raw source code and installing that onto your system.  It's nice to watch
the newly made youTube video to help with that but this whole process is waaaay more than most
people will ever need to do.

It's much easier to get the Debian-family installer from

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/
and then these instructions to unzip/unpack it and then install it.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux
If you want to create your own installer from the source code then i think that's called something
like, doing your own "build" and hopefully this link might help
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
Again this is waaaay more than most people will ever need.  Mostly these days LO is installed by
default on most fresh new Gnu&Linux systems or grab it from the repos using the package manager.

Gnu&Linux distro fall neatly into about 6-8 different families.  Many of the newer ones are in the
Debian family including ones such as Mint, Ubuntu.  There's also a Redhat family, Slackware family.
 Even different families often use the same installers so there are only about 4 different
installers needed to cover all the different distros.

You really don't need to create a differrent installer for each different release of each different
 distro.  That's the kind of craziness that hardware manufacturers seem to think in their ignorance
= or at least the excuse that often gets used by people who should know better.

As i understand it the main advantage of compiling the code from scratch is that it streamlines
your version of LO and tailors it to your specific set of hardware.  So it should run faster and is
just more cool when you mention it to your mates.  Unless you compiled your own version of Ubuntu
then you really don't need to go this route.  Ubuntu is not really designed to be compiled from
scratch.  It's meant to be an easy install where everything magically works without havign to do
much.  There are other distros that are much better for this sort of thing, such as Arch, Tiny
Core, Slackware and they have loads of help geared towards helping people compile pretty much
anything they want.

Regards from
Tom :)