I'll look into both solutions provided although the Base one kind of goes
outside of the scope of what I'm looking for. This is an issue that has
applied to a lot of spreadsheets for me and an auto update feature would be
really useful. My spreadsheet structure is like this:

Date|Income|Expenses

It seems like this wouldn't be the best for a database and seems to be
perfect for a spreadsheet.

Many thanks, I will be putting this into FDO as an enhancement request, I
believe that MSO does it but not positive.

Regards,
Joel