2012/11/15 Steve Edmonds <steve.edmonds@ptglobal.com>

On 2012-11-16 02:27, Nikolai Huckle wrote:

Hi All,

I have a problem with the End-notes in Libre Office, which I cannot solve
somehow.
I want a End-note that looks, in the text and on the End-note page, like
this: [1],[2],...
with the same font-style and size as the normal text body.

Another thing that is important is, that I have the possibility to make
the
End-note page not the last in the document, because I have a backcover
page.

So basically it´s two things, how do i change the End-note style the way I
want it to and how do i change where the End-note page is created?

I would appreciate any help on this!Thanks in advance for an answer.

Greetings,

Nikolai

Hi. I just did this with references to a bibliography. I wrote the notes
on a page where I wanted them in format preceded by [1],[2] etc. I then did
Insert>Cross-reference. Set reference, highlighted [1] and gave it a name
say Enote1 and click insert.
Now go to the place in your text you want to place the reference to the
note, insert reference and Insert reference to = reference. Select Enote1
and click insert.

Another great thing here with LO is highlight the inserted reference in
your text (not the actual note) and press F11 for styles. Select character
styles and at top right select "New style from selection and call it Enote
say.
Each time you insert a reference, highlight the inserted reference in your
text (not the actual note) and double click the new Enote character style
you created to apply the same style.
All your references now have the same style, if you modify the style
(right click on the style) to say superscript, all your references become
superscript. If you colour the font or add a background they all change and
have the same style.

The reason I use cross references is because when a PDF is created they
produce links in the pdf that allow you to easily jump to the reference.
Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for your message.

If I understand your method, it is still manual, in that one would have to
insert each cross-reference manually?
As I have a lot of Endnotes that would be too much work.

I did it with LO's Endnote system now, and will insert the last page
differently.
I definitly managed to have the Endnote like this [1],[2] so that part of
my question is solved.

Nikolai