I have recently upgraded a workstation from fedora fc16 to fc17, but the
problem remains unchanged.

Using both the fc17-provided "libreoffice-*-3.5.7.2-6.fc17.x86_64.rpm's" and
the downloaded 3.6.1.2 release from the Document Foundation website, there are
two problems in writer - and they are identical under either release.  Under
the (fc16) previous release libreoffice-*-3.4.6.2-1.fc16.x86_64.rpm's the
problems did/do not occur.

In both cases, files created on a win7 machine running the 3.6.3 release
display the same problem once moved to the linux box under the 3.5 and 3.6
releases.

Finally the color problem does not occur in calc.

1)  All text appears in black or white on the screen.  With a (sufficiently?)
dark background, you get white text.  Otherwise you get white.  You can PRINT
the document and get the colors you specify, but you can't display them that
way on screen.

2)  It's impossible to create a non-breaking space <CTRL><SHIFT><SPACE>.  The
key combination produces no output.  This problem also occurs in Impress where
it's possible to import a non-brk space from another program but not to create
one from the keyboard.  (And I almost never use impress so that may be 'normal'
behavior there...)

I have tried to do a search through the email-list archives and the bugzilla
site as well; however, as I am getting over eye surgery, finding the answer
there has not worked yet (apologies).

Any suggestions on this matter (these 2 matters) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 - Bill
--
william w. austin                                     airedad@att.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."