I never really thought about creating a spell checker for LO, but when I looked into the .oxt file I saw how easy it could be, if you did not use all of the "control codes" that I could not find reference to. Once I figured out some of the internals, it became "relatively easy" to create a basic word list type of one.

The same things go for Templates.

You create a document file format you like and use it yourself. Then you take away all your "personal" information we users do not need to see and then add some text somewhere describing what the template file/document is all about. At that point you are ready to share it with others. The Extension/Template site[s] will need the uploader to go through some steps to get it online, but it can be worth it.

It is worth all the hassles I have dealt with creating a VERY LARGE American English [773,000+ words], British English [639,000+ words], and Canadian English [639,000+ words] spell checking dictionaries.

I would like to add words to the dictionaries, but when you get to the point of a half-million words, or more, it is hard to find more words and create a package to do the hard work for you.