I know that this would sound "weird" but how about someone buying the Word "quick study guide" from Bar Charts, Inc. to see how they do it and what they think the users really want/need in a "cheat sheet". Of course, there may be these types of sheets out there for free.

I still think that a "cheat sheet" guide needs to be much more than just a list of keyboard shortcuts. Having graphics showing the different menu options and where the different "functions" needed by the users are - is a good and needed part of such a guide/sheet.

I rarely use keyboard shortcuts [except copy/paste] since I stopped using a DOS-based word processor. For many users, knowing such shortcuts can be very useful, but for those like me the are not used much or rarely.

My Windows "cheat sheet" I bought for my wife back in the 90's had many things, including a "detailed" graphic pointing to all of the different parts of the GUI "window" and describing what they are and how to use them [if they are clickable options]. There are many "icons" and graphics in the "standard" LO/Writer "UI window" that may be new to users. The bottom "bar" iof the UI has things that could be useful to explain to a new user. Of course having a detailed explanation of what each icon on the different tool-bar options for Writer would be great. It would be nice to have a graphic showing what each tool-bar has in options so the user could decide which ones are needed and which one are not, so he/she does not fill up their UI area with unneeded/un-usable options for that user.

I have not gone through the Writer Guide since 3.4.x days, so I do not know what it has in way of such graphics, but it would be nice to have a quick reference guide for these things.