Have you tired and downloaded the full package from LO's servers for either the DEB or RPM version of LO that works for your system?

Are you working on "compiling" a version specifically for your version of Linux or just installing one? I am not sure what you are saying.

Have you tried running an external dictionary extension, installing it via the Extension Manager?

You can get most of the dictionaries in the .oxt format, by going to the LO Extension site - http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center - or by going to the NA-DVD Dictionary Page - http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.6-installs/dictionary.html - for the over 180 listings there.

Personally, I never use the Repository versions of LO. I prefer to use the versions that are found on the LO download pages, which then are copied to the NA-DVD pages. I use Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04. 10.04 does not have LO beyond the mid 3.5.x versions [last time I checked]. I use 3.5.7 till 3.6.4 or .5 comes out. 3.6.4 comes out in just a few weeks.

Here is a link that might talk a little about what you are using.

http://iso.linuxquestions.org/nutyx/nutyx-pakxe/

The question I have is can us use the RPM or DEB install files provided by LO, or are you forced to create the LO version by compiling/making it from the source files?